How to pay your corporation tax

Your Reference

To be able to pay your corporation tax you'll need your 17-character Corporation Tax payslip reference for the accounting period you're paying.

The reference number will be on the pay slip sent to the company by HMRC or you can find it on the company's HMRC online account - 'View account' then 'Accounting period'.

HMRC's systems are not intelligent enough to match payments due to payments made if the wrong reference number is used and we see many a refund cheque being used only to be swiftly followed up with a demand for the exact amount of tax refunded - go figure!

Ways to pay

There are loads of methods you can use to pay your Corporation Tax bill.

You can find the methods available on the web site at: